‘The information in this site has been prepared in accordance with Australian law for the supply of goods and services. This notice and the information in this site and all matters relating to either are governed by and are to be construed according to the laws applicable in the States of Australia and the Commonwealth of Australia (“Australian law”). The information may not satisfy the laws of any other country. It is not directed at people in any other country and should not be relied on by people in any other country other than Australia. The information in this site is current at the date of publication but may be subject to change.’
Thornton Group limited provides links to third party websites. The use of your information by these third party sites is not within the control of Thornton Group (Australia) Pty Ltd and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of these organisations.
Thornton Group publishes electronic addresses on this website to facilitate communication relating to our business functions. This is not to be inferred as consent by us to receive unsolicited commercial electronic messages or spam.
Copyright in the information contained in this site subsists under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and, through international treaties, the laws of many other countries. It is owned by Thornton Group (Aust) Pty Ltd unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved. You may download a single copy of this document and, where necessary for its use as a reference, make a single hard copy. Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or other applicable laws, no part of this publication may be otherwise reproduced, adapted, performed in public or transmitted in any form by any process without the specific written consent of Thornton Group (Australia) Pty Ltd.
The information in this website is of a general nature only and may contain advice that is not based on your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Accordingly you should consider how appropriate the advice (if any) is to those objectives, financial situation and needs, and before acting on the advice.
Who can I speak to if I have a complaint about the advisory service?
We are committed to providing quality advice to our clients. This commitment extends to providing accessible complaint resolution mechanisms for our clients. If you have any complaint about the service provided to you, you should take the following steps:
- Contact your adviser and tell your adviser about your complaint.
- If your complaint is not satisfactorily resolved with your adviser please contact our General Manager on
(08)82715144, or put your complaint in writing and send it to:
Att: General Manager
182 Fullarton Road
Dulwich SA 5065
We will try and resolve your complaint quickly and fairly.
- If we cannot reach a satisfactory resolution within 30 days you can lodge a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority, or AFCA. AFCA provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to consumers. They can be contacted on 1800 931 678 (free call) or in writing to GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001, or you can email them at email@example.com. Thornton Group is a member of this complaints resolution service.
- The Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) also has a free call Infoline on 1300 300 630 which you may use to make a complaint or obtain information about your rights. Alternatively, you can email your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your concerns involve unethical conduct, you may wish to consider raising these concerns with the Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA). They can be contacted at on 1800 337 301 or in writing to GPO Box 4285 Sydney NSW 2001.